The latest addition to the new Marantz MusicLink series is the HD-CD1, a high-quality CD player in the same compact form as the HD-AMP1 amplifier, for which it is the perfect match. Combining more than 30 years of Marantz expertise in compact disc playback with the latest developments in digital audio technology, it’s ideal for use as a CD transport when used with the HD-AMP1, or as a CD player in any situation where a compact form-factor is required without any compromise on sound quality. Small it may be, but it makes use of state-of-the-art Marantz technology carried over from our Award-winning CD players, including a high-resolution 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analogue converter from Cirrus Logic, a high-accuracy system clock, and the famous Marantz HDAM-SA2 amplifier modules, as found in our flagship Reference Series CD players and amplifiers. Selected components are also used throughout the audio signal path, for the very best reproduction of your music. A centralised CD mechanism, able to play MP3, WMA and AAC files as well as standard CDs, is also used for ultra-accurate disc-reading and, along with its analogue audio outputs, optical and coaxial digital connections are provided, allowing the HD-CD1 to be connected directly to the HD-AMP1’s ultra-high-quality digital-to-analogue conversion. The HD-CD1 also features the stylish MusicLink design, with a solid aluminium front panel, double-layer chassis for vibration isolation, and retro-style side panels, and also includes a high-quality integral headphone amplifier with adjustable gain to drive high-end headphones for personal listening and comes complete with a remote control for all its functions, also able to ‘drive’ a complete system of HD-CD1 and HD-AMP1.
- Plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, plus MP3, WMA, and AAC CDs
- High-performance 192kHz/24-bit Cirrus Logic CS4398 digital-to-analog converter
- Double-layered metal bottom plate for vibration resistance
- Centralized disc mechanism resists vibration for improved sound quality
- Marantz HDAM® (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module)-SA2 used in analog circuitry for faster signal transfer and better transient response
- Robust, high-current power supply for rich, dynamic sound
- Optical and coaxial digital outputs
- The gold-plated stereo analog RCA output
- Built-in headphone amplifier with full-size headphone jack and volume control
- Remote control input/output (for use with Marantz receivers and amps with a compatible remote control in/out jack)
- Remote control
- Detachable power cable
- Frequency response: 2-20,000 Hz
- Dynamic range: 100 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.002%
- 12″W x 4-5/16″H x 12-5/16″D
- Weight: 5.72kg.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.