12″ 300W Rear Vented HT Subwoofer
Rythmik Audio LV12R 12 inch Home Subwoofer (Black Oak/Black Matte)
Home Theater on a Budget
Looking for an affordable home theater subwoofer that is also tight and musical? Rythmik Audio LV12R 12 inch Rear ported Home Theater Subwoofer uses a rear vented alignment to gain low frequency impact and output that home theatre demands. While many of our competitors limit their best technology to their top level models, we wanted to make Direct Servo affordable, so we’ve held nothing back. As a result, you get the tight and music bass you wouldn’t normally expect from a vented subwoofer.
Direct Servo Technology
You may have heard about other servo Home subwoofers which are generally well regarded for their accuracy. It is a well established technology, most often based around an accelerometer which measures cone movement. Our Direct Servo technology has significant advantages over other servo technologies. We use a sensing servo coil which acts like a microphone which compares the original signal to what the subwoofer is actually reproducing. The signal is then corrected instantly to compensate for any differences. Once you understand the concept, you may wonder like we do why anyone would make a subwoofer any other way.
Some of the benefits of Direct Servo include:
- Reduction of the effects of thermal compression are eliminated under normal operation
- Higher efficiency allowing output which would normally require a more powerful amplifier
- Deep bass extension can be achieved using a low mass driver with superior transient response
- Mechanical and thermal memory effects are reduced, further improving transient response
- Much greater damping control over the cone
- Dramatic reduction of the re-radiation of bass from inside the box
This budget level sub delivers the same articulate and tuneful bass that our subs are known for and yet provides enough HT bass thanks to its ported design. The combination of servo and a ported enclosure is what makes this sub deliver on both quality and quantity in bass.
Rythmik Audio LV12R 12″ Home Subwoofer
- Patented Direct Servo Technology
- Hypex UCD module-based amplifier with toroidal power transformer and two large 6800uF/80V capacitors
- 12″ light weight paper high excursion driver
- Solid and very inert enclosure
- Bass extension controls allowing adjustment of bass extension and excursion control
Direct Servo Technology
All our home subwoofers feature our Direct Servo technology, which is our secret to achieving tight and accurate bass. The benefits are far more than simply achieving low distortion.
12″ light weight paper high excursion driver
Driver Features Include:
- Light weight paper cone
- Low moving mass to ensure an exceptional transient response
- High flux density in the gap to ensure low distortion
- Flux modulation shorting rings to lower inductance and improve linearity
- Extended upper bandwidth response allowing a higher crossover point than most
Vented home subwoofers do have more phase delay at the low end frequency spectrum. That combined with poor room acoustics sometimes produces boomy bass sound. We have variable extension frequency and damping settings to address that. Customers should experiment with extension filter settings. Low extension setting is recommended for HT use whereas high extension setting (24hz, Q=0.8) is recommend for music.
- Driver: 12″ driver with custom sensing coil
- Driver Materials: Paper cone with rubber surround,Stamped steel basket,Copper flux modulation shorting rings
- Amplifier: 300WRMS Hypex class D module with patented servo controlled
- Dimensions: 16″ (W) X 22″(H) X 19″ (D) (20-1/2″ D with grille and amplifier knobs)
- Frequency Response: 19 – 300 Hz(+/-2db) with LFE ; 19-100(+/-2db) with Line-in
- Crossover Slope: 2db/octave only
- Crossover Range (Low Pass): 25 – 100 Hz
- Rumble Filter (High Pass ): Built-in 12db/oct at 20hz to limit subsonic cone excursion
- Phase Adjustment: 0 – 180 degrees continuously variable
- Bass Extension Settings: Low (19hz,Q=1.1), med (22hz,Q=0.9), and high(24hz, Q=0.8)
- Finishes: Available in black matte vinyl or black oak vinyl